
This week I picked up my paint brushes again. I enjoy it so much, but rarely get the chance to paint anymore.
Last August I took a five day class in acrylics. Those evening hours were a refreshing break from the cycle of feeding and diaper changing. By the end of the week my artist eyes had opened, and I was noticing colours in their vibrancy again and seeing beauty in the ordinary, in what seems mundane when you rush through life. The girl in the window was a project I began during the class.
On Sunday night I got the chance to work on this painting again. There's an element of fear each time I begin. Will I destroy the picture? It's been so long, what if I've forgotten how? I usually use oils, so the paint won't dry up while I am working up the courage to approach the canvas. Unfortunately, my first set of mixed acrylic paint dried to the palette, but once I got going it was fine. By Tuesday night I had loosened up a bit, and was feeling better about the colours, and was just having a lot of fun with it. So that's a highlight for the week so far.
3 comments:
cora lynn! that's beautiful! i had no idea you are so gifted with paint! they should hire you to teach some classes there at bethany -- now *that* would be a fun class to take.
-de
Yah Cora Lynn! It looks awesome! I'm so glad you found time to work on it!
Thanks, i appreciate it.
Post a Comment