11.11.2006

Mary Janes

So I don’t know how you picture yourself when you look back on your high school days. I was definitely the “Mary Janes” on the shelf in “Sport Check”. Have you ever heard anyone say the geeky people become cool later in life, and the people that were cool in high school will only be cool there? I don’t know if it’s true, or if it’s just a good lie from a sympathetic listener. Anyway, it doesn’t really matter. I was just thinking about this as I’ve been rediscovering a high school hobby in sewing. Creating my own clothes was a good solution for my trend/thrift/creative nature. So now I’ve started creating a bit of trend/thrift for my son. Its great fun and he can’t complain yet since he’s only turning one. Our mom’s did this for us, but now that my generation is becoming mom’s themselves – sewing isn’t the cool solution. I was shocked to discover my friends barely have sewing kits! Oh well, I enjoy it too much. “Mary Janes” always change a little each season – but they never seem to disappear – so I’ll just keep on being “Mary Janes”.

No comments: