I love a good book. A solid coloured hard cover book that has been gently loved. Character already worn into it. Aside from looking good on a shelf – it’s also a good “waiting” book. For instance, if you are waiting in an airport this book will keep you mysterious. People watchers may think you are really smart and the extrovert beside you will think you are too busy to talk. So it’s win-win all around. …hmmm hopefully I won’t run into any of you extrovert readers next time I’m waiting in an airport!
While I was pregnant with Jayden I started reading Jan Karon’s “Mitford Series”. Yep, mystery gone. I mostly just read novels and have about 3 informative books on the go at once. The Karon books were an attractive hardcover set, that I planned to read while I waited around the hospital. Of course I didn’t read anything but the pamphlets they give new moms to fill out during their hospital stay, but how could I have known how exhausting the whole ordeal would be. So if you are packing a hospital bag at the moment, you won’t need those 3 books, sketchpad and the pencils!
Jan Karon’s writing style was a very good read for that stage of life. She tells little stories about an ordinary pastor in a small town. You can read a few paragraphs or a few pages. So when you get tired (which is pretty much a constant thing while you are pregnant) you can put the book down.
I just finished a Daniel Silva’s “Death in
No comments:
Post a Comment