11.19.2006

Meeting David Letterman

My husband & I met David Letterman in a dream I had last night. He was much taller than on TV (it’s rare that I feel like a midget) and he was nice and all, but didn’t make us laugh as I would expect. I suppose all his wit, sarcasm and that occasional dose of charm had been used up during the show. He was really quite normal, (aside for the tall thing) but it was cool.

Now just to clarify, meeting celebrities isn’t my goal in life – so it’s strange that I would have a dream like this. I’m an introvert and quite content, even happy with my shy tendencies. Of course shyness doesn’t stop me from reaching towards my goals. So it’s all good. However my son Jayden has pushed me to be more social with strangers. He’s just so cute that he always gets attention and loves it! He’s been sick with a cold for the past four weeks, so I finally took him to the doctor. I realized my anonymous waiting room days are over. I ended up talking to every single patient in the waiting room – following Jayden as he made his rounds. Now I’m never quite sure how I should respond when Jayden is flooded with questions. After all he can’t talk yet, so are these just rhetorical questions, or should I answer for him with annoying baby talk? No, I would never do that…but it would be fun. So, usually I jump in at the “how old are you” question. And then I continue the conversation with the stranger, and it’s all very nice. Sometimes I even ask if they have kids of their own – cause who doesn’t love to talk about their kids/grandkids.


Jayden’s a brave kid. This is his first cold and he has remained quite cheerful considering the ear infection and the constant runny nose. His cough is clearing up – so hopefully he will be healthy again soon.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Hey Cora Lynn you have a blog! Thats great i will have to bookmark it and check out how y ou guys are doing! Great to see!

highestform said...

What a coincidence that you met David Letterman! I recently met John Stewart and Steven Colbert in a drug-induced dream over the weekend. I was interviewing them. They were really quite funny, althought I can't remember exactly what they said...

Cora Lynn said...

Glad I'm not the only one, Jessica! I've always been a little curious about the drug-induced dream. Some of the best music seems to be a product of it. So I look forward to seeing your drug inspired painting of John Stewart & Steven Colbert.

Cora Lynn said...

Sorry for the extra box on this post. I'm not sure what happened, but there was only suppose to be one photo so you didn't miss anything.