
Jayden had good intentions of sharing his goldfish with me (or so I thought). He stretched his arm up, cracker in hand, signaling he wanted to share, then tapped its cheddar tail on my tongue, never letting go. After teasing me for awhile he put it into his own mouth. That's the way the game goes. On the rare occasion I’m quick enough to get it. But then his fingers usually try to snag it back.It kind of makes you proud as a parent the first time, thinking your child is beginning to share. Then as this teasing game continues, you wonder why? Where did this come from? I don’t give Jayden food and then take it away on him, so why would he think this is the way it should be. Yesterday afternoon it hit me. I think I know how this started.
You see since Jayden could get around he’s been putting things into his mouth. It seems to be the ultimate test in deciding if this new found item is good or not. Paper, cardboard, leaves, rocks….they’ve all gone in at least once while I wasn’t looking. When I notice his chewing face, and he knows I’m on to him. He clamps his jaw shut – so I really have to work at getting it out, and usually get my finger bitten in the whole process.
5 comments:
Hey Keith, glad you enjoyed it. So you're saying maybe this is Dave's fault too - because I would certainly never tease my little brothers.
HEY......!
jayden is a cutie -- funny how the little ones tend to have tease built in. you don't fool me though cora lynn... i remember you being shy but always with a spark of mischief... like tunneling through the ad building wall... remember that?
-de
Who me? Hi de - so good to hear from you again! I had forgotten about that weekend so long ago. Would never have imagined at some point in the future I would have keys of my very own!
you have KEYS to the AD BUILDING?!!! *wow*
Post a Comment