12.30.2006

Perfect Gift

What makes a good gift for a toddler? Six days before Christmas we began shopping, looking for gifts with a balance of fun and educational value and something that Jayden would absolutely love (while not being too annoying for us). All these things considered, I thought we did quite well! However, while Dave & I were preoccupied exchanging a gift Jayden left his mega block cement truck and pulled eggshells from the garbage pail. Apparently, the challenge of a childproof latch on the cabinet door is better than any new toy.

Jayden’s favourite gift came from my cousin Carson. He’s been dancing around with this yellow electric guitar ever since. While it’s strapped to his back, he can still run around the house, open the cabinet doors, and hit a chord on cue. While it’s a bit loud and annoying to us, it’s the perfect gift for our aspiring musician!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a little dark so it is hard to see his facial expressions but what a neat guitar. Definitely noisy but wow such a neat gift. Wherever did Carson find it? Thankyou so much for posting that clip. We have thoroughly ejoyed it.

Grampa & Grandma Carey

Angie said...

Hi Cora Lynn, my name is Angie (used to be Boschman but now I am married) and I used to go to Westmount church in Saskatoon. Do you remember me?? I stumbled onto your blog from Dave's blog who was linked from someone else's blog that I sometimes look at. I definitely didn't know that you guys had had a baby! Congrats, he is very cute :) I liked the video of him eating cake on his birthday!

Cora Lynn said...

Angie, of course I remember you! Great to hear from you again. I didn't know you were married. Congratulations!
Cora Lynn