5.15.2009

Owl City


My favorite band of the moment is Owl City. Mind you my favorite band changes about as frequently as my favorite colour. We caught Owl City in concert at the Bowery Ballroom last Thursday. Claimed a spot along the second floor balcony, and people watched as we waited for the show to begin. Swimming with Dolphins opened. Then the main floor filled up before Owl City began. It was a great concert! Whimsical images of retro theme parks and clouds projected behind the band as music was produced with four macs, a drum kit and two little keyboards. Before I knew it they were setting the stage for Lydia, way to short! We didn't stick around long after that, and incidentally passed one of the guitarists from Lydia in the hotel elevator the next morning ...but what do you say "we saw you last night, but walked out after you're second song" ..so you say nothing at all.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't think I should decide to like any new music unless it has been approved by the ever-sharp taste of CLC! I love the pictures you selected to post, and the way your mind works. Nice to read your blog and new adventures. Please bring ALL your pictures to share - I want to see them.