3.21.2010

"As good as cake" pizza


This evening I was hungry for BBQ chicken pizza.  So I mixed the pizza dough and started the chicken on the stovetop. I asked my husband to spin the pizza dough (something he learned to do at an after school job at Little Caesar's).  It was kinda nice, the baby was sleeping and her brother was playing with friends outside. Almost as if it were habit, we quickly assumed the roles of the old days (before kids that is). He took over the cooking while I worked on the pile of dishes.

If I make an effort, and I following a recipe carefully, things work out pretty good (well at least since my obsession with the food network last maternity leave). My husband on the other hand, experiments and somehow finds success.  So as we sat down to eat our pizza, our son said "Do you know how good this is?! This is as good as cake!!" Yes indeed, we ended up with some very yummy pizza.

You are welcome to try:

"It's as good as cake" BBQ Chicken pizza
Prepare pizza dough.
Fry 2 - 3 diced chicken breasts,
Bull's Eye Original Bold (aprox. 2/3 Cup) - a best guess when I pressed him for specifics
Ketchup (aprox. 1/3 Cup)
Mix 1 part ketchup to 2 parts BBQ sauce and coat fried chicken in sauce (while frying).
Spread remaining sauce on pizza crust.
Add chicken, half a tin of pineapple, 5 strips of cooked bacon, yellow and red peppers (optional), top with Mozzarella cheese


Pizza dough
4 cups flour
1 Tbsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp canola oil
2 cups warm water

Measure 3 cups flour, and remaining dry ingredients into large bowl. Mix. Add canola oil and water, add   extra cup of flour as needed. Turn into floured surface, Kneed. Divide dough in half. Roll and stretch to fit 2 greased pizza pans.  Bake in 425 F oven for 15 minutes.  Add toppings then bake at 425 F for another 8 - 10 minutes.  I usually cook and freeze one crust for later.






1 comment:

Melanie said...

this should have gone into the Church coobook, and with that title too! I will definitely be trying it out!