The Potluck Queens, you know those people. Whatever they touch turns to scrumptious perfection. They are truly talented and amazing! They have the signature dish. The one you dream of and reserve your big helping for. And if they bring something else, there's a touch of sadness in the day.
As I selected potluck recipes on Saturday, I imagining what being a potluck queen would be like. Wondering if they get bored of their signature dish or if its just a relief to not to spend time deciding what to make.
I settled on the crowd pleasing Pumpkin Torte for the next event. I think if a potluck queen tackled this recipe, it could be signature dish caliber. But it's done well for me despite my ungracefulness. On Saturday as I finished the crust and moved it from the stove top to the countertop to press it, the pan slid, sending half my crust to the floor. So I had to made another half batch of crust before I continued. I finished the next layer at midnight yesterday - so just whip cream and it's ready for tonight. Unfortunately I can’t discretely sample this one before it goes.
5.27.2008
Porluck Season - part three
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Cora Lynn! So I check your blog from time to time, and was delighted to read of your potluck successes (and those leftover muffins sound superb! I might have to make some of those!)
Just wanted to say that I have a bit intimidating (because it has a long recipe), but very do-able NO BAKE key lime cheesecake recipe that is a) delicious if nobody eats it, and b) looks really pretty. Plus the no bake thing means it can't crack in the oven. I've yet to brave a bake cheesecake on my own.
If you want a photo, or the recipe - let me know! (kenandsabs@yahoo.ca)
Happy potlucking!
Sabrina, I don't know how many times I've bought cream cheese with the intentions of baking a cheesecake, then lost courage as I read the recipe. Cheesecakes are always so good. I really like the sound of that key lime cheesecake, think I will have to take you up on your offer!
Hey Erica, we have a few potluck queen's in our midst. That Oreo thing was truly amazing ...like dessert on the salad table! Anyway, glad you liked the pumpkin dessert!
cora lynn, you ARE a potluck queen.
kelly
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake *serves 10-12
Crust:
1 1/3 c Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c Sugar
1/3 c Melted butter/margarine
Filling:
1 1/4 c Fresh or bottled lime juice
2 envelopes Unflavored gelatin (I use Knox gelatin)
1 1/2 c Sugar
5 Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c Butter, at room temp
2 pkgs Cream cheese at room temp
1/4 c Water
1/2 c Whipped cream
1. Take out cream cheese and ubtter, and let it soften
2. Mix crust ingredients in medium bowl, press into cheesecake pan and put in fridge
3. Stir lime juice and water in medium sized saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over mixture and let stand 5 minutes
4. Stir in sugar and eggs
5. Place mixture over medium heat; stir continually till thickened and comes just to a boil (5-7 minutes)
6. **Important** Strain any bits of egg white by pouring mixture through strainer
7. In large mixing bowl beat butter with cream cheese till well combined
8. Beat in hot lime mixture and mix till blended
9. Refrigerate until slightly firm, stirring every 20 minutes for 40 minutes
10. Beat whipping cream till stiff peaks form; fold into lime mixture (or use a whisk to get it looking smooth)
11. Pour filling into crust and refrigerate overnight
12. Garnish with lime slices if desired
If you want a photo, I can email you one too! Good luck!
WOW! That sounds amazing Sabrina. Thanks so much, I will have to try that very soon!
Post a Comment