5.25.2008

Porluck Season - part two

Potluck number three was fun. As an introvert big gatherings are always a bit intimidating at the start, but food is for sharing and celebrating, conversation eventually comes.

I made too much rice for our casserole, so the beefy surprise layer appeared undiscovered until late in the meal. Caramel Surprise squares were a success among the ladies. It's quite an honour when I remember the embarrassment of my first potluck's jello & berry "soup". Now I practice a recipe before bringing it to a public event, and sample it if possible. I’ve been fortunate to have hungry college students to determine what recipes are good, and keep me from eating all these chocolaty sweets on my own.

Next to visual appeal I learned placement of your dish on the
potluck table also makes a difference. Plates, cutlery, bread, butter, salads; big servings are taken from those first salads. You suddenly realize the array of choices and a quickly filling plate, so portions get progressively smaller as you work your way down the table. I certainly don't get bored of my food at these events!

Anyway, that's enough potluck talk for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. I'm sad that I missed the opportunity to try the ricey casserole.. Looking forward to your offering tomorrow night... I still think anything covered in cookie monster blue icing will be a hit.
kelly

Cora Lynn said...

Haha, that's right. I forgot about the blue icing. You really can't go wrong with lots of icing!