5.24.2008

Potluck Season

Potluck season is upon us! I’ve been trying to determine my strategy as the weekly potlucks intensify. Week one, I brought a beautiful salad of spring greens, colourful vegetables and a homemade oil vinegar dressing. I thought it looked appetizing, and it did okay among its competition. I think the broccoli threw people off though, and the leftovers were soggy.

For potluck number two I chose a family favorite, banana chocolate chip muffins. They were quick and easy, and I knew the leftovers would not go to waste, which was fortunate as only three muffins were sampled. They didn’t stand a chance next to the beautiful individual cheesecakes. So we’ve enjoyed our favorite muffins this week.

With two potlucks coming up this week, I’ve begun preparing three dishes today. So I’ll continue this experiment, and see if I can learn the secret to a good potluck dish.

No comments: